Saturday, May 21, 2011

back to some wintery waves

We have a had a pretty windy May really, seeing that is usually our worst month in the whole year. Had a few sails, getting used to the cold again and wearing a wetsuit! Also had a good surf down at Torquay last week trying out my new board.

Last weekend the forecast for my favourite spot down at Phillip island was epic with a monster swell and about 20-25 knots cross off. Somehow the swell didn't wrap into the bay - I think the direction was slightly too South so it wasn't anywhere near as big as I was hoping... Still had a fun session after the desperadoe surfers cleared out - it was cross shore and 15-30 knots and still they tried to drop in on nearly every wave I got.

Some pics that Jodi from Whitecaps Photography got from the day -





Forecast looks like tomorrow could be pretty fun so hopefully it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment